1. It is_________（累人的）to climb the steps.
2. Many tourists like to gather there early in the morning to watch the________（升高）of the national flag.
3. The Great Wall is one of the ________(奇迹) of the world.
4. Polluted water can lead to______________(ill)or even death.
5. We all think it comfortable to stay in this hotel. They provide a high level of________ (服务).
6. Thomas Edison created over 1,000______________ (发明物). One of them is the light bulb (电灯泡).
7. Nelson Mandela is a_________ (斗士) for the rights of black Africans all his life.
8. Armstrong _______(服务) as a pilot for three years.
9. Armstrong_______ (跨步) onto the Moon’s surface.
10. He made great contributions to mankind. He was the________ (骄傲) of the whole world.
11. They collected Moon rocks to take back to the Earth for________ (far)research.
12. I was reading _______(章节) on the website while you were playing the piano.
13. It was brave of him to go to a place that was _______(未知的) to humans at that time.
14. The couple won the Nobel Prize in 1903 for the ________(discover)of radium.
15. Marie Curie won the Nobel Prize twice during her _________(一生)
16. The hybrid rice plant had many __________ (优势)over others.
17. His achievements have __________ (增加)rice production by 20%-30%.
18. X-ray machines are now _________(普遍地) used in hospitals.
19. He received the__________(命令) to cut short the flight.
20. Mr. Li told us the sunlight we are used to ________(include) seven different colours.
21. Marie Curie received the Nobel Prize ________(two) during her lifetime.
22. The ________(tidy) your room looks, the worse you will feel. So I like keeping everything in good order.
23. Song Zuying is one of my favourite _________(music) in China.
24. You simply can’t get a ticket __________(凭借) official channels.
25. The famous host will show us an _________(最新的) invention later.
26. A collector of rare insects will show us his _____________（发现物）. They are really amazing.
27. He has almost _________(无疑地) blown his chance of touring India this winter.
28. It’s a new word to him. So he needs to look up the right _________(发音) of it first.
29. Who’s __________(control) the traffic now? There is a power cut again.
30. Susan is coughing terribly. She has never had a ________(ill) health condition.
31. For our _______(safe), we should always remember not to drive after drinking.
32. What caused the accident remains __________(know). We need to do more research on it.
33.He came to tell us that all the work had been_____________(success)completed.
34.It is ___________________(high)possible that she will win the award again this year.
35.All the people in this country are looking forward to a_____________(持久的）peace.
36.The information he provide was not of any real_______________(价值）.
37.Generally speaking,_________________(Africa)have a deep sense of the spiritual(信仰意识）.
38.All the people think his spirit is really worth___________________(称赞）.
39.The thief ran out of the house and __________________(appear)in the darkness quickly.
40.How’s your poster going? Just hurry and get it_______________(do)before the event begins!
41. He threw a _________________(mean)look at his son.
42.I think Jackie Chan is one of the most popular____________(act)in China.
43.The football match was_________________(取消）because of bad weather.
44.I don’t like watching horror films,________________(也不)do my parents.
45.This evening dress must be one of those____________________(act).How beautiful?
46.How_____________( peace)the pandas are lying on the big stone! They’re enjoying the sunshine.
47. The dentist said that he was___________(terrible)ill and had to be in hospital for a week.
48.The medicine on the table was_________________(超过）the baby’s reach.
49. One who is always telling the_____________(true)is worth our trust.
50.They try to find out the__________________(witness)names.
1-10. tiring; raising ;wonders; illness; service; inventions; fighter; served; stepped; pride
11-20 further; passages; unknown; discovery; lifetime; advantages; increased; widely; order; includes
21-30 twice; untidier; musicians; through; up-to-date; discoveries; certainly; pronunciation; controlling; worse
31-40 safety; unknown; successfully; highly; lasting; value; Africans; praising; disappeared; done
41-50 meaningful; actors; cancelled; neither; actresses’; peacefully; terribly; beyond; truth; witnesses’