单项填空 (一) 难度水平：低
1. In order to find_______ better job, Tom made up his mind to learn _______ second foreign language.
A. the; a B. a; a C. the; the D. a; the
2. Stop smoking, ________ your health will get worse soon.
A. and B. or C. but D. s o
3. ---Could I go boating this weekend, Dad?
---Yes, you ________. But you ________ come back before lunch.
A. could; must B. can; must C. could; should D. must; should
4. My cousin used to ________ online too late, but now she is used to ________ to bed early.
A. chat; go B. chatting; go C. chatting; going D. chat; going
5.— I hear the Smiths have gone to Hainan for a holiday.
— Really? How nice! Do you know when they __________?
A. left B. was leaving C. has left D. had left
6. ________ the teachers in the school is one hundred, and ________ of them are women teachers.
A. A number of; four-fifth B. The number of; four-fifth
C. A number of; four-fifths D. The number of; four-fifths
7. ---My father has decided to ________ smoking.
---That’s good news for us.
A. give up B. give out C. give in D. give off
8. Could you tell me the new teaching building will be completed?
A. how long B. how soon C. how often D. how far
10. ---She’s never been to Shanghai,____________? .
---___________.But how she wishes to go there again.
A.is she, Yes B. is she, No C. has she, Yes D. has she, No
11. Could you tell me ______ there?
A. when the first bus will arrive at B. when would the first bus arrive
C. when the first bus arrived at D. when the first bus arrives
12. ---Would you like tea or coffee, Ayse?
---_________ is OK. I really don't mind．
A. None B. Either C. Any D. Both
13. It’s said that his father was attacked __________ a dog __________a farm nearby.
A. with; in B. by; on C. by; in D. with; near
答案: BBBDA DABBC DBBD
1. Chairman Xi Jinping had _______ friendly talk with US President Obama in ______ America last month.
A. a; / B. the; / C. /; the D. a; an
2. --- Did you go to the cinema to see 3D The Hobbit last night?
--- No, I ________ go to the cinema. The tickets are too expensive.
A. hardly B. nearly C. still D. only
3. The world’s population is growing ______ and there is _______ land and water for growing rice.
A. more; less B. larger; fewer C. larger; less D. more; fewer
4. Luckily, the family arrived_______ the hotel _______ a cold evening.
A. in; in B. in; on C. at; on D. at; in
5.____________of the news reports _________written in English on the Internet.
A. Two thirds, are B. Two-thirds, is C. Two third, are D. Second thirds, is
6. I really enjoyed your lecture, ______ there were some parts I didn’t quite understand.
A. because B. unless C. though D. after
7. － Do you know the lady ________ in red?
－ I know her no matter what she _______.
A. worn; wears B. putting on; dresses C. dressed; wears D. wears; dresses
8. --Would you please see the film Iron Man 3 with me tonight, Kate?
--I’d love to, but I’ve ________ Linda’s invitation to dinner.
A. got B. earned C. received D. accepted
9. The magazine __________ be Lily’s, for we can find her name on the cover.
A. can B. might C. could D. must
10. If by any chance Peter comes to us, please ask him to leave a ________.
A. letter B. sentence C. message D. notice
11. — Amy, do you know if Daniel __________ to the farm with us tomorrow even if it __________?
— Sorry, I’ve no idea.
A. will go; will rain B. will go; rains C. goes; will rain D. goes; rains
12. ---Jack hasn’t paid for his education, has he?
---________. His uncle will come and pay this afternoon.
A. Yes, he has. B. No, he hasn’t C. Yes, he did. D. No, he didn’t.
13. ______ bad news! Jack Chang made ______ many careless mistakes in the film.
A. How; so B. What a ; so C. What; so D. What; such
答案：AACCA CCDDC BBCB
单项填空 (三) 难度水平：中
1. － Do you like _________ film we saw yesterday?
－ Certainly. I’ve never seen _________ better one before.
A. a; a B. the; a C. a; the D. the; the
2. ---Could you tell us how long asleep?
---For about two hours.
A. has he fallen B. he has fallen C. has he been D. he has been
3. The clothes need , but you do that by yourselves.
A. washing; needn’t B. washing; needn’t to
C. to wash; don’t need D. to wash; don’t need to
4. ---How was your job interview yesterday?
--- Oh, I couldn’t feel . I could hardly answer most of the questions they asked.
A. better B. easier C. worse D. happier
5. ---How much difficulty did you have________________ this problem?
---_____________. It's quite easy.
A. to solve, Nothing B. solving; None C. to solve, None D. solving; Nothing
6. He has __________ little education that he can't teach ____________little children
A. such ,such B. so,so C. such ,so D. so ,such
7. Tom will be able to find the restaurant , he has a pretty good ______ of direction.
A. idea B. feeling C. experience D. sense
8. –Have you taken your medicine today ?
--Yes , I ______ it after breakfast.
A. have taken B. took C. will take D. take
9. —Your brother’s never careless, _______ he?
—_______ , he often makes mistakes.
A. has, Yes B. has, No C. is, Yes D. is, No
10. — Shall we go for a picnic?
— Sorry. This is not the right ______ to invite me. I am too busy to afford it.
A. chance B. situation C. place D. moment
11. Daddy and Mummy, you are back from the supermarket. Can you tell me ______?
A. how you go there B. how many pieces of bread you buy
C. how much milk did you buy D. if you bought my favourite ice cream
12. There was a fire in the hotel around midnight last Friday. Luckily, it was soon .
A. turned on B. turned off C. put on D. put out
13.Your shoes under the bed _________ bad. Put them in the sun, please.
A. are smelt terrible B. smell terrible C. smell terribly D. are smelt terribly
14. --- Hello, Jack! How are you doing? --- _________.
A. Reading a magazine B. That’s all right C. OK D. It’s nice
答案:BDACB DDBCD DDCC
1. We work together to achieve our common purpose: __________ world that is safer, cleaner and healthier than __________ one we are living in.
A. the , / B. a , / C. the , the D. a , the
2. _______hard work it is! And __________should I do to complete it well?
A. What a, how B. What, what C. How, what D. What, how
3. ---“Which would you like to drink, coffee or orange juice?”
---“ . Please give me a cup of tea.”
A. Neither B. Both C. All D. None
4. On Children’s Day, of the students was pleased because they each a present.
A. every one; was given B. everyone; was given
C. every one; were given D. everyone; were given
5. They considered ______ a computer ,which was considered ______ a great help in their work.
A. to buy , to be B. buying , being C. to buy , being D. buying , to be
6. When I came here just now, I saw he _______with a black and white dog in the garden.
A. play B. to play C. was playing D. playing
7. John doesn’t play the piano _________________ his classmates in his class.
A. so well as B. as good like C. as well like D. so good as
8. － Is the girl your cousin?
－ It _______ her. She _________ Hong Kong for a short stay.
A. can’t be; has gone to B. mustn’t be; has been in
C. can’t be; has been to D. should be; has gone in
9. She _________ for 15 years ,yet she doesn’t know what kind of man she _______ .
A. has married ,married B. has been married , married to
C. has been married , has married D. has been married , has married to
10. － People now can know what is happening in the world quickly.
－ You are right. With the help of the computers, news can _____ every corner of the world.
A. get B. arrive C. return D. reach
11. __________ is it from Wuxi to Sanya and how much does it __________ to fly there?
A. How long; take B. How far; cost C. How soon; spend D. How far; take
13. —When shall we go on our school trip?
A. Not until next week B. Till next week
C. For next week D. Nearly a week
14.— How are you going, buddy?
— . A little busy, though.
A. Not too bad B. Can’t be worse C. On my own D. By train
答案：DBACD CAACD BAAA
单项填空 (五) 难度水平：高
1. Have you read _____ ending of _____ amazing story, Daniel? It’s______ one that I’ve ever read.
A. an ; the ; the most exciting B. the ; an ; the most excited
C. the ; the ; an excited D. the ; the ; the most exciting
2. ---Mom！Jack has broken a cup!
---Doesn’t matter. Accidents __________ happen.
A. should B. must C. will D. shall
3. _______ our national football team lost the game to such a weak team, I didn’t have any doubt about the new coach’s ability.
A. Until B. By the time C. Unless D. After
4. Nobody seems ________ than you ______ ready for the exam.
A. busy; to get B. busier; getting C. busier; to getting D. busy; getting
5. Now people have come to realize ________ harmful pollution is.
A. that what B. it C. that how D. how
6. The bus stop is just ________ the road. You can’t miss it.
A. across B. through C. on D. beyond
7. My hand ________ and I will have my clothes ________.
A. hurt; to wash B. is hurt; wash C. hurts; washed D. is hurt; washing
8. The fish and smells because my father is a good .
A. is well cooked; good; cook B. is cooked well; well; cook
C. is well cooked; well; cooker D. is cooked well; good; cooker
9. Life can be hard __________, but you must keep your head held high and stay positive. Never let
anyone bring you down.
A. at all times B. all the time C. at a time D. at times
10. They _ the train until it disappeared in the distance.
A. saw B. watched C. noticed D. realized
11. When I _______ the museum, I found that it _______.
A. arrived; closed B. arrived; was closed
C. reached; closed D. reached; was closed
12.— Excuse me, could you tell me _______?
— There’s an e-shop on the third floor. You can make it there.
A. how to arrive the e-shop B. how can I go to the e-shop
C. where I can have my MP4 repaired D. which was the way to the e-shop
13.Mr Black_______ Shanghai this afternoon. Do you know when the earliest plane to Shanghai _______ ?
A. is leaving for ;takes off B. will leave; takes off
C. is leaving for; is taking off D. will leave; is taking off
14. –I can’t bear(忍受) the air pollution in this city any more. It is getting more terrible.
--__________! We’ve never had so many factories before.
A. I won’t agree B. You said it C. In some ways D. No way
答案：DCABD ACADB DCAB
单项填空 (六) 难度水平：高
1.‘Last month I traveled across the Sahara Desert by ______ camel with some locals.
What ________ amazing experience!
A. the; an B. a; / C. /; the D. /; an
2. You _______be serious! You’re actually going to lend him money again?
A. needn’t B. shouldn’t C. mustn’t D. can’t
3. _________ the fans are waiting for the popular singer outside the concert hall.
A. Two thousand B. Thousands of
C. Two thousands of D. Two thousand of
4. John is always praised ________ one of the top students _______ his efforts.
A. as; for B. as; by C. for; by D. by; for
5. There are a group of people over there. What do you think __________?
A. to happen B. is happened C. will happen D. is happening
6. ________ exciting news! We will have a ________ holiday after the exam.
A. What an; two weeks B. How an; two weeks C. What; two-week D. How; two weeks’
7. --- Jack, could you help me ________ these pictures on the blackboard? It may help us know more about the
hazy weather. (雾霾)
--- With pleasure.
A. put in B. put up C. put on D. put down
8. “ ____________ you’ve made! But you should still work harder,” the teacher said to the boy.
A. What great progress B. How a big mistake
C. What a big mistake D. How great progress
9. Generally speaking, there _______ be any survivors after such a long time. However, two young people were found _______. Life is super-nature!
A. mustn’t; living B. can’t; dying C. may; dead D. can’t; alive
10. The thing that ______ is not whether you fail or not, but whether you try your best or not.
A. minds B. cares C. matters D. considers
11. --Which man do you think is most likely to win the competition?
--The man __________ Mr. White.
A. they call B. called himself C. calls himself D. is called
12. — Can you imagine ______ if we have robots at home in the coming future ?
— Well, it’s hard to say, probably great, or maybe not.
A. what will everyday life be like B. what everyday life will be like
C. what will everyday life like D. what everyday life will like
13. —Having many helpers makes a task easier and faster to complete.
—I think so. _______
A. Too many cooks spoil the broth.
B. The early bird catches the worm.
C. Many hands make light work.
D. The more you learn , the more you know.
14. —I’m sorry. That wasn’t of much help.
— ________. In fact, it was most helpful.
A. Thanks anyway B. It doesn’t matter C. Of course not D. Sure it was
答案：DDDAD CBADC ABCD